Advertisement

🌝Moonlit clouds | dip pen & ink time lapse

🌝Moonlit clouds | dip pen & ink time lapse open me for product info & more 🌙
📷instagram- @pyperbleu

✒️materials______________
my pen holder + nib set-
smaller starter kit-
higgins black magic india ink-
mixed media paper 5.5 X 8.5in -

💌________________________
! surprise~ I decided to film myself illustrating yesterday, and I was consciously focusing on the art and the enjoyment of the process (because filming while making art is oftentimes difficult or frustrating where I think way too much about the camera and can't focus and draw well, etc). This isn't really tutorial based, and to be honest, I guess I'm not quite there yet where I can make a bunch of art videos and be outright helpful for you, as well. So for the time being, this is just a time lapse that you can enjoy along with some classical music, in the background perhaps as you unwind, or are drawing something yourself. It's also not on the second channel because it's hard to manage both channels during my last term of school while my sister is busy, too- so I am taking a hiatus on that until I can figure out the exact direction of how I want the content to look like. Meanwhile, I care dearly about CatCreature and surely want to keep a presence of myself here, and post consistently as best I can as well.

In the beginning, I filled out the sky (painstakingly) with the pen tip so I could create scattered stars randomly as I crosshatched. Once I was 100% sure where I wanted the flat black to go, coming in with the same ink using a small round brush is much better.
The reason why I was going back and forth throughout is because this scene is completely imaginary- I didn't work off a reference image, so I wanted it to look believable, lighting-wise. Carefully filling out areas as I go was safer than too much shadow and having to white-out and making a messy surface. I'm overall pretty happy with it- I see it as it is, which is a practice piece, and that's honestly the best way to learn! To have fun, but develop a keen, critical eye to see what you could improve on moving forward. As my teacher said to us recently, mastering an art almost never comes from a revelation- but rather from slow and steady effort.
please give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed the video and let me know your thoughts in the comments ^_^ see you soon,
love, annabelle
__________________
ftc disclaimer- not a sponsored video
all music from-

rhode,island,school,of,design,catcreature,thrift,pen and ink,ink,quill,quil,illustration,speed paint,speed painting,draw with me,sketch,sketchbook,tour,tutorial,follow,guide,show,demo,nib,crow quill pen,traditional,line,curve,student,student work,risd,homework,black and white,graphic,contrast,night,sky,paint,starry,moon,moonlit,moonlight,scene,peaceful,

Post a Comment

0 Comments